Laugh Your Way To Better Health (Half Day Event)
Time & Location
About the Event
Life can throw you lemons - sometimes tinned pineapple.
How many times have you heard (or said) "I've gotta laugh - because if i don't, I'll cry" when situations have become so ridiculously unbearable. ...Lets face it, we all feel (even a little better) after a good laugh. Ever wondered what effect this strange involuntary physical response actually has on you emotionally or physically?
There is now a considerable (and growing) body of medical evidence to show that the effects of laughter are profound and far reaching and may offer therapeutic benefit to a multitude of mental conditions and mood disorders, including depression, bipolar, sleep disorders, dementia, cyclothymia, dysthymia, SAD, PTSD, autistic spectrum disorders.
Medical studies have also been conducted to explore the possible health benefits to physiological conditions such as diabetes, ME, tumour reduction in cancer patients, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, heart attack and stroke sufferers and people with mild respiratory conditions.
Even those who consider themselves to be in good general physical health may find themselves in situations where laugh therapy may offer benefit, such as those in stressful professions, carers needing respite, those seeking help with anger management or conflict resolution, individuals who are grieving or who experience anxiety, shyness, panic attacks or lack confidence.
At this half day event we will share these findings and shed light on the claimed impact laughter can have on mind and body, whilst sharing techniques and exercises you can take away to bring more laughter in to your life. We are not claiming to offer a miracle cure, however it might change your perspective on life and enhance your wellbeing.
Our 3 and a half hour event includes the following:
- The therapeutic benefits of laughter
- Understanding the different types of humour and finding yours
- Exercises to benefit different mental and physical conditions
- Activities designed to induce laughter, enhance wellbeing and strengthen relationships
- A Laughter Care resource pack including exercises not included in the session.
- An opportunity to connect with others in your situation and make new friends in a positive, welcoming, non-threatening and non-judgemental environment.
- Refreshments and a bloody good laugh.
An hour of Laughter Therapy or Laughter Yoga can can set you back as much as £100 for a professional one hour session. For a fraction of this price you will receive 3 and a half hours of unintimidating fun, delivered by our qualified and experienced laughter therapist and director of Laugh Therapy UK.
Life can be difficult and stressful, so come along and have a giggle with like-minded people and gain both knowledge and comprehensive experience in a comfortable and informal setting.
Your mind and body won't regret it.
- Special Early Bird Ticket£31.50£31.500£0
- Laugh Therapy Half Day Ticket£45£450£0
- Concessionary Rate Ticket£35£350£0
- Special Early Bird Concession£24.50£24.500£0